The FENSA Skills card is evidence that competency has been proven through assessment to meet the Mandatory Technical Competency (MTC) framework set by Ministry of House, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG).
MTC requirements state that all fitting teams working with a FENSA Approved Installer must have at least one competent person on site at all times. ALL Surveyors working for FENSA Approved Installers must have met the MTC criteria.
FENSA Skills Card is available to individuals working with or sub-contracting for a FENSA Approved installation company.
A FENSA Skills card will be issued once a candidate has proven their MTC competency to FENSA by providing either a;
- Completed and passed the assessment with FENSA using your Industry Experience.
- NVQ certificate installing and/or Surveying in Fenestration (less than 5 years from date of issue)
- Competency card from certain other Competent Person Schemes for fenestration
If unsure if your evidence meets our criteria, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with copy of what you do have and we can advise.
Features of the FENSA Skills card
- Photo ID – Customers can have the sense of security knowing who is working on their home is who they say they are.
- Competency proven – This will let your customers and our assessors know that you are competent to installer and/or survey.
- Company Name & ID – This proves to your customers that you are a FENSA Approved Installer. Let your customer know they can double check this on our website by using the FENSA ID on your card.